I want my deck. It's not much of a deck, but I need a deck. Call me crazy.
Judging from people's LJs and other lists this week, the SCA needs a dose of Despair, Inc., don't you think? (Thanks to tacnukesoulfor the link!)
(I is a poet, etc, etc, etc...)
I'm also pretty tapped out for this week, so I'm doing one of my occasional memes (that's pretty much been making the rounds). I don't normally do them, but when I'm tired, they work:
1. Who eats more? He does, but that's because I give half my food to him. More often, we share from one plate or bowl of food. I don't know how it started, because we both came from relationships where food was jealously guarded and never shared, but for me, sharing is an expression of love, and I want to share everything with him.
2. Who said "I love you" first? - I honestly don't know. It was a weekend away at an event, and we were in the hotel room, discussing our relationship. It got blurted out by both of us at pretty much the same moment, I think.
3. Who is the morning person? - I get up at 4:50am on workdays, so I like to sleep in a bit on the weekends - usually until about 9am or so. I guess we're both sort of morning people, as in we hate to completely waste several good hours, but I prefer to stay up late. We're "whatever suits the occasion" people.
4. Who sings better? - You'd have to ask our friends. Or listen to samples from our CD at http://musicbylostcause.com/ (you can listen to samples on the web site, or follow the link to CD Baby, where you can listen to samples from all the tracks - and then buy our CD. You'll love it; trust me). We both sing, and we both play instruments. I've always wanted someone who could sing duets with me, and someone who can either sing harmony or melody when we're in the car.
5. Who’s older? - He is - 19 years older. Interestingly, my parents are older than his - I came along late (adopted), so we have many of the same cultural experiences with parenting. The age difference is not noticeable when we're together (and I sometimes get senior discounts at Golden Corral by mistake - apparently, I look OOOOOOOOLLLLLLD oh noez!), because we're very alike in outlook. Suffice to say, we hooked up because we got along, not because he was having a mid-life crisis and wanted a trophy wife.
...Not that I'm not cute enough to be a trophy wife - I'm not saying that! I could be a trophy wife! I've got skills!
6. Who’s smarter? - I think he is, he thinks I am. We gots brains enuff for the two of us.
7. Whose temper is worse? - Mine is, by a million miles. He's pretty even-tempered. He's dangerous if you do manage to piss him off, though. Me, however - I'm a seething ball of rage. It's a wonder I get through the day without killing anyone. I'm eeeeeeevil - just ask certain people, who claim they can't say anything to me without me screaming at them. *eye roll*
8. Who does the laundry? - Most of the time, he does. Sometimes I do it. Sometimes he starts and I finish, and vice versa. Whoever breaks first (or runs out of clean underwear) usually starts it. I have a huge stash of underwear, though, so I'm getting more impervious to the overflowing laundry basket...
9. Who does the dishes? - Dishwasher. Thank God - I'm sometimes good about loading it, but again, it's whomever can't stand the dishes in the sink.
Yes, I'm a slob. I'm really ashamed about it, but housework is so low on my priorities list, and I get absolutely no satisfaction out of scrubbing. Or ironing. Or most domestic work. This is probably due to being nothing but a domestic slave during my first marriage (or being more boy than girl, despite outward appearances), but I do try to keep up my end of the bargain. Fortunately, as long as things aren't filthy, I'm pretty happy, so he doesn't get me moaning about the state of the house while not doing anything to change that state.
10. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? - Viewed from the top of the bed, I do. I sleep on my right side, and I like to be able to see the clock if I wake up. I'm always on the right, unless we're in a funky hotel room.
11. Whose feet are bigger? - His are, but he's got quite delicate feet and hands for such a strong man. His forearms are yummy and powerful...
12. Whose hair is longer? - Mine, but only barely. His is now down to the middle of his back, and mine is waist-length. He keeps threatening to cut it off every time he has to detangle it, but I keep telling him that a bunch of women will go into mourning if he does. It's amazing - women seem to get this irresistible urge to touch his hair. It's also gotten him a bunch of flirting women, but he doesn't seem to notice. :)
13. Who’s better with the computer? - I am, but only a little bit. I have an apprentice who is master of the 'puter, so we ask him if we're having issues (hi, Brian!).
14. Do you have pets? - No. We have too many allergic friends, so we made the decision to keep the new house pet-free. I *might* get a rat or a hedgehog, and every now and then Bob catches a praying mantis for a couple of weeks in a terrarium (we feed them live crickets), but no cats or dogs are planned. I want to create a wildlife sanctuary at the farm, so cats are right out.
15. Who pays the bills? - He's a lawyer, I'm a research assistant. Work it out. :) I pay my part of the Amex bill, and pick up costs here and there (and fund all my own projects).
16. Who cooks dinner? - Whomever's up for it. I like to cook, but he's pretty good, too.
17. Who drives when you are together? - Almost always him. My pain issues mean long trips are hard for me, and we usually take the truck, which is his vehicle.
18. Who pays when you go out to dinner? - Whomever made the suggestion. He pays more often, though. I will frequently contribute what cash I have in my wallet.
19. Who’s the most stubborn? - We're both pretty easygoing with each other, but I'm much more mulish when it comes to things I really want. Bob's been *really* patient with me over house decisions.
20. Who is the first one to admit when they’re wrong? - We never have a problem admitting to each other when we're wrong. If you can't apologize to your spouse for being a butthead, then there's an issue with communication. We're just as quick with the forgiveness.
21. Whose family do you see more? - His. Mine are all in England.
22. Who named your pet? - n/a, though we both come up with pet names for the animals we find. "Bitey" is a perennial favourite.
23. Who kissed who first? - It was a mutual (and highly delicious) decision.
24. Who asked who out? - Under a willow tree, eating lunch at an event, we discovered that we were mutually interested.
26. Who’s more sensitive? - I am a bleeding raw ball of nerve endings and sensitivity. A rage-fuelled, raw, bleeding ball of sensitivity. Sometimes, I wonder how he puts up with me.
27. Who’s taller? - I am the petite one who must ask him to reach the highest kitchen cabinets, and for whom he has designed a kitchen where I will no longer have to do so. <3
28. Who has more friends? - Our friends are mostly mutual; I think we have the same number of close friends, and a much wider circle of congenial acquaintances. We do almost everything together, so it's mostly "our" friends, rather than "his" or "mine".
29. Who has more siblings? - He does; 3 to my 2. Mind you, I also have a half-sister and a stepbrother, so maybe I technically have more.
30. Who wears the pants in the relationship? - I like my skirts. We govern by mutual fiat; what one wants, the other wants, or will happily acqiesce to. The problem is not who's in charge, but getting either of us to state a preference for something the other might not want to do. We are a Democracy.
Well, I'm bored even if you aren't, so see you next Monday or so. Destruction, ho!
Edit: I apologize for my overuse of the word "mutual". That's all.